Friday 27 March 2015

World Series Trophy Stays in the Pacific

Every spring brings about the rebirth and renewal of….BASEBALL.
As I do every year this time, I took out my Magic 8 Ball, my Ouija Board, and my Tarot Cards in an effort to predict the destinies of 30 Major League Baseball teams.  After several shots of rum and a few prayers to Jobu I think I am ready to put pencil to paper (or fingers to keyboard because it’s 2015.)

AL EAST
1.       Boston Red Sox – they lack a true Ace (unless Buckholz comes through) but have everything else.
2.       Baltimore Orioles – hard to believe they aren’t going to miss Markakis and Cruz.
3.       Toronto Blue Jays – losing Lawrie is a definite plus…but not enough.
4.       New York Yankees – The Yankees suck.
5.       Tampa Bay Rays – feeding other teams your best players and letting Maddon slip away is not good for business…oh wait, no one shows up to their games anyway.
AL CENTRAL
1.       Detroit Tigers – Still not convinced the Tigers have what it takes but not convinced Sox do either.
2.       Chicago White Sox – Looking good this year…finally.
3.       Kansas City Royals – I just don’t see it.
4.       Cleveland Indians – rotation is just too thin to scare anyone.
5.       Minnesota Twins – just not a good team.
AL WEST
1.       Seattle Mariners – Great pitching and improved offense…how do you go wrong?
2.       California Angels – Good all around team.
3.       Houston Astros – much improved…they actually have a major league roster.
4.       Oakland Athletics – those trades last year killed them. They did nothing and now have nothing.
5.       Texas Rangers – not a great team but not having much luck either.

NL EAST
1.       Washington Nationals – tough not to go with these guys.
2.       Florida Marlins – These guys are gonna be good.
3.       Atlanta Braves – the rebuild is on…time will tell how hard it will be.
4.       New York Metropolitans – Dwight Gooden was awesome.
5.       Philadelphia Phillies – what a debacle.
NL CENTRAL
1.       St. Louis Cardinals – these guys are just good every year.
2.       Chicago Cubs – I know…weird…but these guys look for real.  So young but good.
3.       Pittsburgh Pirates – they just need a rotation.
4.       Cincinnati Reds – could be bad, could be good…who knows?
5.       Milwaukee Brewers – could be bad…up…that’s it.
NL WEST
1.       Los Angeles Dodgers – all around good team.
2.       San Francisco Giants – can’t see another WS in the near future.
3.       San Diego Padres – another team that looks a lot better than last year.
4.       Colorado Rockies – not a super team.
5.       Arizona Diamondbacks – less super than the Rockies.

Who gets the wild card spots?
AL – Angels and White Sox.
NL – Marlins and Cubs.

PLAY OFFS
AL WC – White Sox over Angels
NL WC – Cubs over Marlins
ALDS – Mariners over White Sox and Red Sox over Tigers
NLDS – Nationals over Cubs and Dodgers over Cardinals
ALCS – Mariners over Red Sox
NLCS – Nationals over Dodgers
WS – MARINERS WIN!!! MARINERS WIN!!! MAAAARRRRRINERRRRS WINNNNNNNNNN!!!


Yup…you heard it here first.  The Mariners are getting their rings this year.

1 comment:

  1. I'll be honest. I scanned over the whole thing. I read the part about Jubo (great god choice... he looks super sexy in his robe and sandals) and the part about the Mariners winning. I know you love baseball and I'll love it too for your sake but I can't say I'll watch it but I will say that I'll do shots of rum in the Mariner's honour.

    ReplyDelete