Tuesday 20 January 2015

GOALS FOR 2015

I like the whole KISS principal.  Keep It Simple Stupid.
My running goals are to PR...everything.  And I want to have fun doing it.
THE 5K - It will not take much to throw down a PR in this distance.  Truth be known, I have never really been much of a 5K runner.  I don't remember what my current record is but it is relatively pitiful.  I have only run one 5K race since high school and I think it was a 24 something.  It was when I was just starting to pick up running again.
THE 10K - This will be my piece de resistance.  I have run the majority of my races at this distance including my best race...a 38:55 (pretty good for an old dude.)  It is going to be tough to rock out a PR in this.  Right now I am nowhere close to in shape but there is lots of time between now and then to get back up to snuff.
THE HALF - I ran my first half marathon last summer.  Unfortunately, I was just coming off of a pulled hammy and didn't put out my best effort.  I suppose 1:50:11 isn't bad all things considered but I know that I can do much better.
THE FULL - I have never run a full marathon so a PR in this is a guarantee.  All I have to do is finish.

All of this being said, I do like to attach numbers to things so I have number goals too.
5K - 19:00
10K - 38:30
HALF - 1:25:00
FULL - 3:00:00
All of these, of course, translate into PRs.

No comments:

Post a Comment